FERNDOWN SPEAKERS CLUB IS MEETING ON ZOOM
Ferndown Speakers are excited to be carrying on meeting during Covid-19 by using Zoom. We have been meeting online, allowing us to carry on work and give members valuable new skills.
When will the Ferndown Speakers re open for face to face meetings?
We are all looking forward to restarting face to face meetings as soon as regulations permit. Here’s the club having a Christmas meal in 2019.
Provisionally, Ferndown Speakers is currently considering re opening the Ferndown Speakers for face to face club meetings nearer the end of 2021, such as September onwards. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation going forwards, especially during the end of summer and start of the winter months.
New mandatory requirements for face to face Ferndown Speakers club meetings from 2021:
There will be new requirements and considerations which will be mandatory for face to face Ferndown Speakers members and guests to comply with:
- Regular reading of all communications from the Toastmasters International team, via their website, newsletters, emails and updates.
- Complete and comply with Risk Assessments (members and guests), ahead of every visit.
- Complete an online form to confirm members and guests are aware of our new processes and Ferndown Speakers considerations (below).
Members and guests considerations before undertaking face to face visits:
- Do you feel comfortable and safe to return to voluntary face to face club engagements, considering risk to yourself and others?
- Have you considered risks around travel, especially public transport?
- Have you considered risks from audiences? For example, children and young people are likely to be the last to be vaccinated in the UK.
- If there is an outbreak or you do become unwell following Ferndown Speakers club meeting, are you able to self -isolate?
- Are you able to keep up to date on any outbreaks in your local areas? Are you able to share any relevant local knowledge around outbreaks with the Ferndown Speakers Network team?
Ferndown Speakers will always adhere to government guidance and regulations around COVID-19 but will also have some additional measures to ensure the risks around re-opening the Ferndown Speakers face to face meetings are as low as possible for both members and guests.
Thank you so very much to all of our Members and Guests for your continued support of Ferndown Speakers during this difficult time and your openness to adjusting to the new normal for our club.
Ferndown Speakers Area 41 Division A District 91